Indonesia – Children’s Outreach
“I am Daraja and I am 7 years old. I love coming to Children’s Club to learn about God. I love to learn all things about Him. I like going to school also and one day I would like to be a teacher.”
She Is Safe works with impoverished girls and boys in order to promote a healthy lifestyle and prevent abuse and exploitation. Children are more vulnerable to social upheaval and economic problems than any other demographic.
Poor Indonesian children rarely grow up with any positive adult influence. Many children are raised by older siblings. This lack of education and supervision often leads to abuse, exploitation, and trafficking.
Through Indonesia Children’s Outreach (part of our Education work), underprivileged Indonesian children learn about the love of God in a positive environment and are able to interact with their peers in a way which fosters growth and development.
Though their culture treats them as disposable, the children we work with in Indonesia are learning to be confident. As these children continue to learn and grow, we give them hope and the ability to be agents of positive change in their communities.
Why Children’s Outreach is needed in Indonesia:
- 18% of Indonesian children are underweight, demonstrating the lack of care and services for them (UNICEF)
- An estimated 30 percent of female prostitutes in Indonesia are under the age of 18 (ECPAT)
- An estimated 40,000 to 70,000 children are trafficked each year (ECPAT)
Last Year’s Education Outcomes Worldwide:
- 4,762 at-risk children were set on a path toward a brighter future through education.
- 85 Christian leaders received abuse and exploitation awareness training.
- 324 women were trained to lead Bible Study groups.
Support Indonesia Children’s Outreach!
Notice: She Is Safe is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit (EIN: 22-3886094). 100% of your gift is tax-deductible. If a designated account becomes over funded, SIS stewards funds where most needed.