India – Children’s Outreach
“I was breaking rocks for roads and had no schooling, but then I was given help and hope and a way to learn. Now I know Jesus and I want to help other people know Him.”
She Is Safe works with impoverished boys and girls in order to promote a healthy lifestyle and prevent abuse and exploitation. Children are more vulnerable to social upheaval and economic problems than any other demographic.
Through India Children’s Outreach (part of our Education work), we create after-school programs in marginalized communities. The children are nurtured by local women whom we train to educate the children about AIDS, hygiene, and women’s rights. Children who have never heard the name of Jesus are exposed to the good news for the first time. In addition, the children learn valuable life skills which can help their placement in schools as they grow older.
Though their culture treats them as disposable, the children we work with in India are learning to be confident. As these children continue to learn and grow, we give them hope and the ability to be agents of positive change in their communities.
Why Children’s Outreach is Needed in India:
- 46% of India’s underdeveloped tribal communities are children under 5 years old who are nutritionally stunted. (World Bank)
- About 27 million children are born every year in India. Nearly 2 million of them do not live to age five. (UNICEF)
Last Year’s Education Outcomes Worldwide:
- 4,762 at-risk children were set on a path toward a brighter future through education.
- 85 Christian leaders received abuse and exploitation awareness training.
- 324 women were trained to lead Bible Study groups.
Click HERE to support India Children's Outreach!
Notice: She Is Safe is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit (EIN: 22-3886094). 100% of your gift is tax-deductible. If a designated account becomes over funded, SIS stewards funds where most needed.