Welcome to Spring!
• Brightly-colored flowers popping up.
• Fresh green leaves budding out.
It’s all about celebrating new life in the month of April.
As we focus on the reality of Easter morning, we know that only God can resurrect the dead. We hear Him proclaim loud and clear in John 11:25, “I am the resurrection and the life!” Yet, He often uses people like you to speak His life into those who cannot muster a prayer for themselves.
When we are faced with girls traumatized by sexual assault, child marriage, or slavery, we often think of the little girl in the gospel of Mark. Jesus spoke the words, “Little girl, arise!” and she was awakened from the dead.
Awakened girls like Rabaat*, whom you’ll read about in the Spring newsletter, remind us that despite the horrors that occur in war zones, red light districts, and communities known for exploitation, God raises up beautiful renewed lives from the rubble.
Rabaat overcame the atrocities many Syrian refugees encounter – poor living conditions, hunger, vulnerability to violence. But at the end of her suffering, she found healing through experiencing God’s redeeming love.
In addition to reading Rabaat’s story in the Spring newsletter, you will:
- Learn about the risks girls face who are forced to become a child bride.
- Be challenged to consider becoming a She Is Safe advocate by reading the story of a volunteer and how she used her camera to capture images of new life.
- Read the list of specific ways you can join She Is Safe to help make at-risk women and girls safe, free and equipped.
Click on the link below to read the Spring 2019 Newsletter.
*She Is Safe uses representative names and photos to protect the dignity and security of those we serve.