Dear Praying Friend,
Is a girl safe if she is born to a teen sex slave? Is she safe if she lives in a trafficker’s village, a slum or a war zone?
Girls born in high risk communities – red light districts, refugee camps, border towns and garbage dumps – live in the midst of serious danger. But we have the tremendous privilege of lifting girls from danger, thanks to a $70,000 Matching Grant Opportunity for the Forgotten Girls Fund!
Our cover girl for this Mid-Year Update (now available on the She Is Safe website) is Devi*, a delightful girl who lives in one of the largest brothel communities in India. Devi has witnessed some of the worst of humanity: traffickers, pimps and violent sex offenders. Is she safe? Actually, thanks to you, she is!
Devi’s mother joined a She Is Safe learning and lending group in her area of the slum, in the hope that she could build a better life and shield her daughter from living under slavery. Every week her literacy, vocational and financial abilities increase. She is building a new life, with God’s help, for herself and for Devi.
Devi and her mother are only halfway into our program, and they need our help to complete the course and rise above their vulnerabilities. We can’t stop investing in their capacity to sustain lives of dignity just yet, or they will fall backwards into slavery.
We are only midway through the year, but we are already celebrating transformed lives and families. While we pause to give thanks, we also have our eyes on what is yet to be done for girls who are still in danger. Click here to read our 2016 Mid-Year Update!
You may choose to support a specific project or staff ministry from the list below, or you can do twice as much when you preference your gift to be matched to the Forgotten Girls Fund, which we will use where it is most needed. Whatever you prefer, we are honored to steward your gift.
Until all are safe,
Michele M. Rickett
Founder & CEO
P.S. Your generous gift will help us mark hundreds more girls as “SAFE” – now and forever!
- India – Safe Home
- India – Children-At-Risk
- India – Transformed Women
- Indonesia – Children-At-Risk
- Indonesia – Transformed Women
- Indonesia – Rescue and Restoration
- Mali – Transformed Women
- Middle East – Syrian Refugee Girls
- Myanmar – Prevention & Rescue
- Nepal – Prevention
- South Sudan – Transformed Women
- Anne Cody – Country Director for South Sudan
- Ashleigh Stafford – Associate Country Director for Nepal
- Bob Knapp – Country Director for Mali
- Carrole Johnson – Program Development Officer for Microenterprise
- Cherylann Sammons – Director of Transformation Group Programs
- DeAnna Sanders – Country Director for Indonesia
- Kathy Richards Bhatia – Regional Director of Middle East
- Katy Anderson – Associate Director for International Ministries
- Kristin Fisher – Country Director for Myanmar
- LeAnna Gates – Associate Country Director for South Sudan
- Pam Valentin – Country Director for India
*She Is Safe uses representative names and photos to protect the dignity of those we serve.