Resist the Darkness
Resist The Darkness mobilizes prayer, people and resources to intervene for girls in high-risk, least-reached communities who suffer from or are at risk of abuse and slavery.
Abuse and slavery claim the lives of thousands of girls in the world’s hard places. These evils reveal an even deeper darkness- the mindset that subjugates girls to be used and discarded.
- 60% of illiterates are females
- 98% of all sex slaves are female.
- 60% of women and men where we work believe that it is acceptable for husbands to beat their wives.
In these areas children grow up with the clear message that boys are more valuable than girls, and they have a right to dominate them. Little girls are under-nurtured by comparison, and are often kept home from school to work, marry or be sold. What can be done? Through RESIST THE DARKNESS, you can equip girls who will transform hearts and attitudes for this and coming generations. These transformations will be accomplished through our prevention, rescue and restoration work that will:
- Rescue girls from red light districts, brothels and border crossings
- Provide safe, nurturing homes for girls
- Educate girls in formal and non-formal schools
- Sponsor training on abuse prevention for at-risk children
- Offer income generation training and seed funds for at-risk girls
- Introduce each girl to the love of God in Christ
Will you help equip at-risk girls around the world toward a brighter future? You can help twice as many girls be free to become the women God created them to be!